Subject: Re: [lojban] Eating glass, events, and rape

From: John Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:40:16 -0400

"Mark E. Shoulson" wrote:

> {tugni} isn't the right kind
> of "consent"; nor {sarxe}. Hmm... Now that I've stated it as dependent on
> resistance, what do you think of {se fapro gletu}, "opposed." That could
> work. Other choices include {vlile}--which could just mean violent but
> consensual, or {zekri}, which could mean incest or statutory rape, not
> non-consensual. Something like {palci} is a value judgement, and makes a
> statement rather than describes... maybe it could be understood, but it
> isn't the point, at least not the one I was looking at.

How about "narcrugle" from "na curmi gletu", with place structure
"x1 does not permit that x1 copulates with x2"? That covers things that
don't directly involve force as such. That would also be the first known
example of a lujvo with "nar", representing a bridi negation.

-- 
There is / one art || John Cowan <[email-masked]>
no more / no less || http://www.reutershealth.com
to do / all things || http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
with art- / lessness \\ -- Piet Hein