Subject: Re: [lojban] RE:rape, etc.

From: "Mark E. Shoulson" <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Sep 2000 19:03:03 -0000

>From: [email-masked]
>Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:27:14 EDT
>
>
>In a message dated 00-09-15 12:48:19 EDT, ken writes:
>
><< As a non-professional philosopher, I could point out that, if you spread 
> your legs, you are giving permission, and I would also say that
> applies whether or not someone is holding a gun to your head. >>
>Thanks. I'm not sure that I would go that far down the line about where 
>permission occurs, but it does help to make the point about the difference 
>between permission and consent that I was looking for. So the etymology has 
>a role here, pointing to the notion of willing agreement with the intention 
>of the act, which is lacking in the forced cases. So what does Lojban have 
>to offer here? Note: {tugni} is no help.

This was exactly the journey I went through before asking the question
here. I realized {tugni} was NOT what we wanted.

~mark