Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Get Much Ca$h !

From: Robin Lee Powell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 05:08:04 -0400

"=?iso-8859-1?q?Alfred_W._Tueting_(T=FCting)?=" writes:
>--- In [email-masked], "Jorge Llambias" <jjllambias@h...> wrote:
>
>> i ie jetnu i ku'i lo'e pikci na cuxna i le fazrai je tolci'irai
>> jboselsku cu xagmau le nomei
>
>.i.u'i.u'e xu lu lo'e pikci na cuxna li'u goi ke'a cu malspano

[Hmm. jbofi'e says ke'a is it-4, but the cmavo file says it's the
relativized it.]

Umm, I read that sentence as "Is it true that that sentence is fucking
Spanish?". While I can't imagine what the mal is there for, besides
random racial slurring, which seems unlikely, I should point out that
there is an equivalent English expression, "Beggars can't be chosers".

-Robin

-- 
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/~rlpowell/ BTW, I'm male, honest.
Despite not getting very emotional about it, the fact that quantum
entanglement doesn't allow transmission of information is probably the
most profound dissapointment I've ever experienced. -- RLPowell