Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: Get Much Ca$h !

From: "Bob LeChevalier (lojbab)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 13:41:40 -0400

At 11:35 PM 09/25/2000 +0000, Jorge Llambias wrote:
> > go'e GOhA penultimate bridi
> > pro-bridi: repeats the next to last bridi
> >
> >That seems to contradict you. What am I missing?
>
>The cmavo list is not always very precise. go'e repeats the
>bridi only when used as the whole bridi, but go'e itself
>is a brivla. Any brivla is a whole bridi when used by itself.
>
>There is an example of {le go'i} on page 155 of the book.

I disagree with you. go'e and go'i repeat the whole bridi - the brivla AND 
the specific sumti that were associated with that brivla in the referenced 
bridi. Thus le go'e or le go'i are referring to the x1 of that particular 
bridi, just as le klama refers to the x1 of some presumed bridi 
relationship based on klama.

Remember that the original use of the word is in answer to a yes/no 
question, which repeats the bridi asked about in that question. Likewise 
the pro-bridi usage "go'i ra'o" would be meaningless if go'i did not 
implicitly include some specific sumti values to be preserved by the ra'o.

go'i has the grammar of a brivla, but unlike most brivla, it comes with 
specific values implied by default for all of its sumti, specifically all 
of those of the referenced bridi.

lojbab
--
lojbab [email-masked]
Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA 703-385-0273
Artificial language Loglan/Lojban: http://www.lojban.org