Subject: Re: [lojban] RE:literalism

From: "michael helsem" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:20:45 GMT

>From: [email-masked]
li'o
>(BTW, maikl's {botpi
>zi'o} was one of the best bits of non-literalness in a long time. I still
>wish I knew whether it was calculated, or accidental

i certainly did not consider that metaphorical, or else i would
have said "FU'EPE'A BOTPI ZI'O FU'O".

li'o
>The
>vocabulary of Lojban has to expand beyond the 6000 concepts or so that are
>encoded in the gismu in their various places. And there are only three 
>ways
>to go: borrowing, creation, or metaphor

you don't have to have a single word for it to have a new concept.
whatever you call it, that will simply remind you of the whole
explanation (& a really new concept does have to be explained in
the first place). it's a nickname & not the whole thing.
_________________________________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from MSN Hotmail at http://www.hotmail.com.

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at 
http://profiles.msn.com.