Subject: Re: [lojban] re re re the boat: literalism

From: Invent Yourself <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 12:52:06 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 [email-masked] wrote:

> pc on xod
> <<<<na'e banzu xamgu mu'u le du'u na kakne casnu la lojban bau la lojban >>
> Metalinguistic uses are always the last to come: look at Aristotle
> struggling to do it for Greek or Ockham for Medieval Latin
> (another artifical language). >>
> Whoa! Just about the only thing that is discussed in Lojban is Lojban. 
> Lojban is the only thing -- aside, perhaps, from the sins of Windows -- that 
> everyone interested in Lojban is interested in. there have been some short 
> stories and poems and translations but the bulk of Lojban (by item at least, 
> if not by length) is about Lojban -- what is right, what is wrong, how to 
> correct, etc. etc.

na zgana .imu'ubo le dei casnu .i pe'i le jboka'e jinvi le du'u na kakne
.i da tcidu be sepi'o le jbofi'e be'o ju na'e kakne le nu ciska

-----
"...widespread, systematic and gross violations of human rights 
perpetrated by the Israeli occupying power, in particular mass 
killings...measures which constitute...crimes against humanity.''
UN Commission on Human Rights, 19 Oct 2000