[lojban-beginners] Re: coi

> I think you mean "me'o xy. noi lerfu". "la lerfu" could be a pub named "The
> Letter", or something like that.

Makes sense.  But, c'mon, like you wouldn't want to go to a pub name
'la lerfu'?!?!  :)
I think I made that mistake given some of my old Spanish habits that
seems to slip even into my English on a day to day basis; I get some
weird looks here in Wisconsin when I slip things like 'claro que si'
into conversations at work with white rednecks.  I have also had some
of my lobjan. learnings leak into my Spanish world as there have been
times when I am at a Spanish conversation table at school and start
saying things like "lo perro corre a mi" and I get some weird looks
and politely reminded that you don't use 'lo' like that in Spanish.
Ah, the joys of learning more than one language (2 of which use both
lo and la differently; thankfully, the little Oneida I know doesn't
use these)

>I use the velar before "e" and "i" and after "n" and the uvular
> elsewhere, or something like that.

I think I'm stuck with the uvular fricative, however I am not too
upset about this given the fact that, thankfully, lojban. allows for
such pronunciation differences and that I think the uvular fricative
sounds 100 times better than the velar.

>The combination "xr" I pronounce as a
> double uvular-alveolar trill

Now that is a cool trick and something that I might pickup after some
practice.  My one downfall of learning Spanish was my complete
inability to trill my r's, making the distinction between pero and
perro quite small.  I have experimented with the double uvular-
alveolar trill a little with words such as 'xriso', and I find it much
better sounding than a uvular/velar fricative and something I should
be able to pickup.

>and in "rirxrxrazdani" I maintain the double
> trill through the "xrxr" while turning the voice on and off.

now that is just intense.  I think I'll have to practice a while
before I think of trying that; the bacrynandu seem like a great start.

Overall, I look forward to learning and being corrected about
lojban.......probably a lot of correcting.  Plus, pretty much everyone
in this group seems very friendly and helpful which I believe to prove
invaluable in my lojban. studying.

mu'o mi'e kail.