[lojban-beginners] Re: My name/pronounciation

lojban@65536.org wrote:
> My name is Jens Gutzeit and I know I can say something like
>
> me'e .iens. gutsait.

I think you're looking for {mi'e}, not {me'e}.

> But Gutzeit means something like "good time". I'm not willing to wait
> until I can tranlate it myself, so how do you say
>
> me'e .iens. "good time"
>
> in Lojban?

My guess: {mi'e .iens. xaurtem.} or {mi'e .iens. xagytem.}

Both from {xamgu temci}, which is literally "good time". (The idiom might be
wrong, though. Don't trust me.) {xamgu} has rafsi {xag} and {xau}, and
{temci} has rafsi {tem} and {tei}, of which the first conveniently ends in a
consonant.

(Though I'd like to point you to
http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.3 . Yes, it's primarily
about Klingon, but the point is valid for any language IMO)

mu'o mi'e filip.
--
filip.niutyn. <Philip.Newton@datenrevision.de>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.