[lojban-beginners] ti, ta, tu for people?

coi rodo

Is it correct to use ti, ta, tu for people?

For example, this morning as I was walking to work, I saw someone
cutting branches off a tree (they had been felling trees and cutting
branches off others all along the road for the past couple of days, but
this was the first time I had seen someone in the middle of work). I
thought "Why is he cutting the branches?"

And then I wondered how to express that in Lojban. My first thought was
{mu'i ma ta katna le jimca}, but I wasn't sure whether it was proper to
use {ta} for people.

{ko'a} is, presumably, wrong since it hasn't been bound yet (or would
it automatically be bound to the "nearest logical thing" or something
like that?). And {le va prenu} seems a bit long if it can be avoided.

(Hm, looking at the gi'uste, perhaps {ta ka'argau fi le jimca} is
better than {ta katna le jimca} when the subject is a person.)

mu'o mi'e filip.
--
filip.niutyn. <Philip.Newton@datenrevision.de>
All opinions are my own, not my employer's.