[lojban-beginners] Re: How to express "nobody"?

lojban@65536.org wrote:
coi rodo

While playing with Lojban I found a little problem? I can say
{le nanmu cu prami le ninmu} and {le nanmu cu na prami le ninmu},
but how do I express that nobody loves her? {no lo nanmu cu prami
le ninmu} is the best version so far, {zo'e na prami le ninmu}
should be something like "somebody unimportant doesn't love the
woman".

That's true, in the sense that there is one person who doesn't love the woman, but we aren't concerned with who that person is.

 Is there a better way to say "Nobody love the woman"?

I don't know about better, but there are alternatives.  For example:

naku su'o da zo'u da prami le ninmu

"It is not true that there is at least one X, such that X loves the woman."

noda zo'u da prami le ninmu

"There is no X, such that X loves the woman."

robin.tr

--
"The raisins may be the best part of a cake, but that doesn't
mean that a bag of raisins is better than a cake."

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533