[lojban-beginners] Re: Why 16

coi .xiliodor.
The best reason to have these words is that they are useful. A better
question is, why not have them?
By my count, I see 31 number digit words, if I understand them correctly:
0 no
1 pa
2 re
3 ci
4 vo
5 mu
6 xa
7 ze
8 bi
9 so
each ro
many so'i
several so'o
all of piro
few so'u
how many? xo
most so'e
almost all so'a
too many du'e
too few mo'a
enough rau
typical value no'o
infinity ci'i
pi pai
hex digit A dau
hex digit B fei
hex digit C gai
hex digit D jau
hex digit E rei
hex digit F vai
imaginary i (square root of -1) ka'o

I also see several quantity modifier words:
greater than za'u
less than me'i
at least su'o
at most su'e