[lojban-beginners] The "xr" and "rx" pairs

coi

I have issues pronouncing the "xr" and "rx" pairs, such as in "pixra". I generally have to make a pause, as if it was "pix,ra". Is it correct?
Actually, if I pronounce it too quickly, it sounds like "pirra" or "pixxa"...

More generally speaking, the French 'r' (my mother tongue language) unfortunately sounds between the Lojban 'x' and 'r' sounds... So I guess pronouncing the 'r' the French way is a very bad idea! I actually pronounce it the Spanish way (so think about "pix,ra"...), not the English way. I know there is no absolute rule about the 'r' pronunciation (*), but what is your feeling about the most practical and most understandable way to pronounce 'r', "xr" and "rx" ?

Thank you!

(*): CLL says that "The letter “r” can be trilled, but doesn't have to be."

--
Sukender