Re: [lojban] {zo'e} as close-scope existentially quantified plural variable

* Tuesday, 2011-09-06 at 23:01 -0400 - Martin Bays <mbays@sdf.org>:

> e.g. {zo'e broda ro da zo'e noi brode da} ->
> \forall x. \exists X. \exists Y. (brode(Y, x) /\ broda(X, x, Y))
>
> Generally, the quantifiers for the {zo'e}s would be inside any singular
> quantifiers, and similarly inside any negation

negation could be controversial, thinking about it...

{mi na gerku} and {zo'e na se gerku mi} do become

\not \exists X. gerku(mi, X),

but I think we want {lo plise cu na kukte} and hence {zo'e noi plise cu
na kukte} to be

\exists X. (plise(X) /\ \not kukte(X)).

In which case, it seems this kind of analysis of {zo'e} is inconsistent
with {lo}=={zo'e noi}.

Other than that, it seems to work... which tempts me to suggest that
{lo}=={zo'e noi} just isn't quite right.