week or two, as volume has been very low in both places.

Date: 03-28-88 (01:21)  Number: 1
  To: ALL
From: BOB LECHEVALIER
Subj: INTRO TO LOGLAN

Hello to anyone reading this conference.  I'm Bob Lechevalier, and I'm
the one the Bulletin says to contact about Loglan.  Lawrence Kasteloot
has set up this conference so that all of you can find out what Loglan
is about.  We also have another washington DC area BBS dedicated to
Loglan - though some people are experiencing difficulty downloading
and uploading.

Actually, there isn't a lot to say that isn't in the bulletin - which is
why I wrote it.  We have over 300 subscribers to a regular newsletter.
While we ask for money, it isn't necessary, subject to my continuing to
be able to foot the bill.  We want new people to join.

If you want to find out more about Loglan before contacting me, read
Scientific American Jun 1960, or Dave Cortesi's column in Dr. Dobbs
Journal Spt 1982.

There is some dispute over the use of the name Loglan, so you will
likely be seeing the name Lojban replace it on this BBS.  Lojban is the
name of the latest implementation of Loglan.  It is fully in the public
domain, and we maximize access to all materials.

There are older forms of Loglan, which the inventor of the language is
trying to restrict in various ways.  The latest was to trademark the
name of the language - which he suceeded in doing as of next April 12,
though we will be challenging it.

So expect to see Lojban replace Loglan in this conference.  We are
not in anyway claiming to represent The Loglan Institute, Inc. of
Gainesville FL, which is the language inventor's organization.
This BBS likewise has no connection with that organization.

The foregoing is my making sure that there is no confusion that could
lead to this BBS being questioned by the Loglan Institute, inc.
Lawrence is doing us a favor by making our info available to you.

Oh, by the way.  By phone number is 703 -385 -0273 (home) if anyone
has any questions.  We welcome your contact, and hope you will be
interested in finding out more.

I will check this BBS about weekly, at least for now, if you wish to
leave questions on line.

Thanx.