My First Sentence (?)

I have been looking over the Level 1 Materials, and am having loads of
unproductive fun.  I am anxious to learn the language, but with only
the L1 stuff, it is trying to learn a language from a travel-phrase
book and a dictionary.  (Well, I do have the YACC and EBNF grammars,
but that only goes so far...)  Sometime this summer I plan on jumping
to Level 3 and get the flashcards (My computer is not compatable with
any of the LojFlash programs), but until then I have to struggle
along.  As my first project, I wanted to form a sentence with the same
meaning in general as the English "This is my first Lojban Sentence."
And I had several good and bad results.  I found "dei", one of the
proper ways to say "this utterance here" for "this" (much more
meaningful), but the possessive-style reference threw me.  Here is
what I came up with, and I am positive it is quite badly formed, so
let's take it apart amd put it back together properly:

     "dei mi pamoi jufra fi la lojban"

I found the use of "fi" to show which place "la lojban" was in
"jufra", that was handy too.  So let's see some
critiques/flames/whatever.

*     Bob Slaughter                           *  This space for rent       *
*     InterNet#1:  rs0@beach.cis.ufl.edu      *    Call 1-800-FOR-RENT     *
*     InterNet#2:  Haldane@Pine.Circa.Ufl.Edu *   Model Railroading        *
*     Bitnet:      Haldane@UFPine             *          is Fun!!          *