Re: Elision, or: Nick rides again in jbonai

lojbab,
    (I am sorry for all the extra net traffic that will accompany this
discussion, but I am not expressing myself well these days.)
    I mention "The 17" not as the definitive elaboration of the advantage
that lojban provides but as indicative of the great advantage brought by
reduction of the number of word catagories (predicate & indicator .vs.
nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, articles, gerunds, prepositions,
...) and complete (or nearly so) symmetry and consistance in the rules for
using those couple of catagories.
    I found the great advantages are subtle distinctions in small samples
but become more obvious when working with either large quantities or
unusual circumstances.

    thank you all,
     Art Protin

Arthur Protin <protin@pica.army.mil>
These are my personal views and do not reflect those of my boss
or this installation.