BNF - YACC equivalence

Don Taylor <loop!dont@tessi.uucp> writes:

> Is there any thought towards mechanically checking equivalence between the yacc
> grammar and this grammar?  I THINK it might be possible to build a tree for
> both and check the trees for equivalence.  That would go a LONG way towards
> giving confidence that the two grammars are equivalent.

Feel free.  I did a bit of simplification as far as eliminating unnecessary
rules, so such a system would have to be able to do the same.  Things like
"a & b & c & d" involve a LOT of YACC rules to capture all the possibilities.

--
cowan@snark.thyrsus.com		...!uunet!cbmvax!snark!cowan
		e'osai ko sarji la lojban