Planned Languages Server

I have just sent off to Jerry Altzman the first material to be officially
posted on the Planned Languages Server by The Logical Language Group, Inc.
These postings include:

1) the official gismu list - the public domain version that is widely
   distributed
2) a working proposal for gismu place structure clarifications and changes -
   this is the most current machine format version I know of.  It is for
   discussion purposes only.  (John Cowan has been erroneously calling
   place structures from this proposal the 'new place structure'.  This is
   incorrect, and I ask that any place structure other than the official
   one be identified as a 'proposed' place structure.)  This new list is
   compatible with the new revision of LogFlash, and should be the target
   format to be dealt with by any other efforts at flash card processing -
   we may chnage place structures but will not change the format.
3) The draft review of 4th edition >Loglan 1< that was later condensed and
   published in JL.  This draft version has some typos and minor places where
   rewording would help, but seemed appropriate for posting since apparently
   a lot of Institute Loglanists are looking at our material.  It sets out
   some of the technical flaws in Institute Loglan, and more importantly in
   the revised book that the Institute published; a lot of the details were
   left out of the condensed version.

Jerry.  Please let us know when these have been installed, or if you
have any problems with what I sent you.

Depending on the decisions at LogFest on electronic distribution policy,
I will be sending considerably more material for posting on PLS.  The
cmavo list and the grammar, for example, are awaiting decisions on the
changes proposed in JL14 and since then.  There will be a new version of
the Lojban brochure, hopefully including a version translated into
Esperanto as well as the English form; the French translation of the
older brochure will also be posted pending someone who wants to update
it.  Athelstan has written an electronic version of his mini-lesson, and
I am nearing completion of extracting the Lojbanized source language
etymologies for all of the gismu.

Feedback on this material is of course welcome.  I will be happy to
incorporate a rebuttal from Steve Rice or any other responsible
Institute spokesperson into the Loglan 1 review file.  (I offered the same
to JCB, but received no reply.)
----
lojbab = Bob LeChevalier, President, The Logical Language Group, Inc.
         2904 Beau Lane, Fairfax VA 22031-1303 USA
         703-385-0273
         lojbab@snark.thyrsus.com