Re: [lojban] taking action

> What sorts of help do you anticipate wanting/needing?

I am not knowledgeable about much of the history of Lojban and what has been tried/achieved already, so I would need someone(s) advising me.
I am not proficient at Lojban itself, at this stage.
I am not proficient at translation workflow, or at doing translations myself. Any recommendations from others (especially translators) would be appreciated.
I would likely need assistance with any Lojban.org server systems administration.

I also need the explicitly defined design goals of the website, so nothing is missed.

My suggested shortlist is that the website should:

- advertise Lojban effectively
- provide accessible up-to-date resources for learning Lojban
- be up-to-date in translations for all target languages
- clarify the distinction between official and non-official information
- function as a centralised nexus for the community
- invite involvement in the community and connect Lojbanists
- make it easy to manage community projects
- have a low cognitive barrier-to-entry
- work easily on both desktop and mobile

From those goals, I would research to select (or build) a system that enables or automates protocols/workflows for achieving those goals.

I believe it's important to use software with a strict workflow from the start, because humans are fallible and forgetful. This will ensure adherence to the goals never accidentally slips.

This is why I personally don't think a wiki is very suitable for official information and maintaining concurrent translations.

If we have a list of persons who must approve new content, for example, the system shouldn't allow it being published until everyone from that list has approved.

If we have a protocol to manage translations, it should be trivial to enforce that no single language version should be updated on the live website without all target language versions being updated for the change. The system should automatically notify the appropriate translation volunteers as new content is added, then wait for them before the new content can be committed.

I have heard of .PO files being a popular, open-source format for translations, with an established workflow, but I have not used them.

Hope this helps,

mi'e la.timoteios.