Re: [lojban] Sapir-Whorf hypothesis confirmed. Language does affect thought

Links to the original research? Or name of the paper or
article/journal it's published in?

Also, I must admit, many of those words seem extremely situational to
me: not useful for long-term retention. Which isn't to say they don't
have value, or that this isn't a useful aspect of Lojban: it very much
is. The ability to compose them on-the-fly provides much-needed
shorthand for prolonged conversations about those concepts, and
reduces the "entry cost" of bringing a new mind into conversations
about the topic at hand. My only concern is that the average person
coming across these terms who isn't already keen on Lojban will only
think something along the lines of the first sentence of this
paragraph, and come away with an impression that the language is
mostly good for constructing toy words, without the deeper
consideration needed to realize that it's just good at constructing
words for expressing the concepts you want to discuss at the time.

To be clear, I'm not trying to cast aspersions on the idea of this
twitter account or the selection of words. Just something I think is
worth considering. I would appreciate a collection of specifically
those words which are very useful towards expressing cognition flows
and ideas/experiences that aren't trivial to express with more words
in English: for example, I personally perceive more deep value in
"dreguri", "zveizefi", and "irtire" than, for example, "spatazo",
"unrugivo", or "afpapo" (all have value, but the former more strongly
suggest the cognition-liberating potential of Lobjan to my mind than
the latter).