Re: [lojban] Re: Colony.

Gleki, as far as I understood from the docs, those platforms are (or will be) open sourced. This is not really the issue actually. Indeed, this (more-or-less) open source code is used as a foundation layer, acting ontop of a blockchain to replace "trusted" 3rd parties. This is the same principle with cryptocurrencies, but here instead of using blockchain transactions for money (replacing the bank as a trusted 3rd party), "smart contracts" and other (non-financial) "validated transactions" are used as a base for software (named "dApps"). Said otherwise, you will still have to finance the blockchain construction & validation, even if source code is open.

( I hope my explanation is correct! )

Cheers,

Sukender