Re: [lojban] Re: Colony.

 (Re-post because my last message didn't go through. Also I would really hope that there's a way to post here without using a Gmail account...)

For someone working in the blockchain field, a thing I learned by hard lessons is that, do not mess up with consensus, unless absolutely necessary... I just suggest we being extra-careful if this ends up to be something we decide to do. As I understand it, Colony organizations is something that would require "stakes". For something as open and "unorganized" as Lojban, fairly distrbuting "stakes" might be something impossible (or at least really hard). In the mean time, anything related to Ethereum would mean wars and certainly piss some people off no matter what. People would argue about the blockchain to be chosen "Ethereum vs. Ethereum Classic", and would argue about the standard "ERC20 vs. ERC223". So forth and so on.

In addition, as far as I know, Colony is not open source (at least not yet). Publishing a contract on the blockchain doesn't make it open source unless the publisher makes it so. Otherwise what you get is just those binary assembly EVM code.

Sometimes the open source model as we currently do, where people just create fork and coordinate in whatever way they want, might just work better.

-- Wei