Re: [lojban] Re: CLL and modern Lojban

doi la stela selckiku

You're absolutely right about saying that's an issue finding a "democratic" way or such. I guess applying a "standard" democraty here isn't a good idea of course ; it must be adapted to the situation.

My (rough) idea is that people making decisions about Lojban must, at least, have significant knowledge of what they're talking about (This is clearly not my case, as I'm not fluent!). But this group ("committee"?) should accept the fact that language will evolve, whether they like it or not. I guess this idea is already spread and accepted, but I'm not 100% sure.

My (strictly personal) point of view is the same as yours : there are practical reasons that make evolution unavoidable. Other people (ie. "non-committee") should then be able to make proposals, run debates, and so on.
So, paraphrasing, here are some rules suggestions (to be debated!):
Is it even possible to get to that? It requires both willings and structures...

As for the first point (define what is "core"), I must say I personally was completely lost when I started studying. It is only because of answers in this thread that I discovered why.
It felt like anything was a bit fuzzy... except for the (outdated?) CLL. So I (naively) started with the CLL, which looked like "the" official reference.

@gejyspa: Thanks for clarification. I'm sorry for you.

la .sukender.