[lojban] Re: CLL and modern Lojban

[This is a try for summarizing discussions]

@all

* Living language *
I've read a bit though more pages and messages. And found that historically speaking, and according to what's in the FAQ and other LLG pages, Lojban is not immutable at all. Else it would be a "dead language" like ancient Greek (to paraphrase la .stevo.) or a pure experiment for a specific point in time. However, it is considered as "stable", even if changes may occur, because else it "would require people to re-learn things" (as some of you pointed out). Thus, changes are possible but must be CAREFULLY validated.

So in two words: "Lojban evolves". Right.

That's my point of view too. And that's where issues arise!... Indeed, validating changes is a huge job requiring time, structures, procedures, and language skills (if not more). I feel la .pycyn. is right saying it "is a very delicate balance". And la .stevo. too, talking about very difficult reintegrations of forks to the core.

* Pending organizational issues *
Moreover, la .guskant. clearly told us that current organizations are dead or almost dead. So here is a small and macroscopic summary of what I feel like pending issues (feel free to complete/fix):
However, to make things move, there must be a consensus on the basics, so...

* Lojban basics *
What defines Lojban? (Or "What should never change in Lojban?"). So, if I try to sum up again from various sources, the answers are below (please tell if you disagree):

YES!

NO!

Maybe desirable, but impossible

[That concludes this first step. Please share your thoughts!]

la .sykyndyr.