Re: [lojban] use-mention errors

I pronounce those three all the same, but I haven't really studied Hebrew since college in the mid-80s.

stevo

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 9:19 PM, Pierre Abbat <phma@bezitopo.org> wrote:
On Tuesday, January 30, 2018 9:30:09 PM EST MorphemeAddict wrote:
> I looked up all the words in your Lojban, but I can't quite figure out the
> distinction you're making.

"la'e lu <phrase> li'u" refers to a book or the like whose title is "phrase".

> The Hebrew in the video was fun to listen to, too. (I don't understand it,
> either.)

It sounds to me like an American accent on Ashkenazi pronunciation. My
pronunciation is rather different, and I have some trouble understanding
Ashkenazi. But I heard "zabne" or some such "zbn" word in a passage relating
to buying/selling; that word is Aramaic. "Akum" is a Hebrew acronym meaning
"Worship(er) of Stars and Constellations". Like "avoda" (which is the first
word in the acronym), it begins with ayin, which I pronounce. כרע קרע קרא are
all different as I pronounce them.

Pierre
--
I believe in Yellow when I'm in Sweden and in Black when I'm in Wales.