[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [lojban] Re: jbonunsla post-2015?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [lojban] Re: jbonunsla post-2015?
- From: Bob LeChevalier <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 15:08:48 -0400
- Arc-authentication-results: i=2; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 188.8.131.52 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) email@example.com
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; gmr-mx.google.com; spf=neutral (google.com: 184.108.40.206 is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of firstname.lastname@example.org) email@example.com
- Arc-message-signature: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=list-unsubscribe:list-subscribe:list-archive:list-help:list-post :list-id:mailing-list:precedence:reply-to:content-language :in-reply-to:mime-version:user-agent:date:message-id:from:references :to:subject:arc-authentication-results:arc-message-signature:sender :dkim-signature:arc-authentication-results; bh=uJjYi683q0T1UEJP2QdI9DAIqbLnNgFYfPsRXgXn6KU=; b=HrMYCzeFaK/u0zt+ikWEQaJjiMTAihCi48gAZ3UZa2OGHjdKEwtQ2uJvV4QeDZcykT l2sNRPxaZTPrScrcmhNWRxlOsBc6I5UOsvHFFNhuWZFaXwtAPb3CJ9RbgzQWsoeNvwlH IMqBCgGxqwYxK2abP5BmsvjU3lXeYfXtVJWkki/oTQEj8y/BWaPQrQqiswV9e27Y3NbI 2gy1Gpgq5uLtH+w79WFoC9WuMos7uu/rZQWYjYhhXG7bdcsB+wiJJXcbeFWW5/2t7+HX mb3X870myECq6RoMZ1VbnZgjhWvH/xv+eXHoQRGXaAxsLWdUfOilLADrvYClx6lZQMyl Y9Iw==
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=content-transfer-encoding:content-language:in-reply-to:mime-version :user-agent:date:message-id:from:references:to:subject :arc-authentication-results; bh=xw3rZ0ogfdvdgl+CTSWa9JYcsZJf228ln/1ZsqUS1/Y=; b=zb64nNB5QwE2kJVcrbQdxMB7z/9bJBscqmhzLj37NNy4TcOwCtNf2Emo64qEJI8FdL SZJh4ruxjFP71FZVf4oEV6JmkCuuHy75HlyY9dJOUglqOgJJuuhgTE4xeWhCFagX5IVz 72Z6im0LMHYbsQPqSJepdsWf69B5eoOgHWG+t0njGiRPiLZEhacsfCdtI8IDsr4p1lGS WBI+cOjlZ8n3/fuJgjy6jD88kRy/fz1a4UNzwO50fyY580AWXinIQ+uwzBehbvGnJJlI EZlgKExhT/TsO0dmzWvzUD/LdnFTW88A3LRU/5wys0z5UtYeOxRvCDEiu0GFvvCptiiP Hpkg==
- Arc-seal: i=2; a=rsa-sha256; t=1528657731; cv=pass; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=UU2CdEfcRvPVkPIe6EpLMRh+VDTsYB8Wba6eYjMyBvxw7IfrEVJmH4a7+QJ/g+Sapa d86AtAVxNSXlZfe4t9A09gbGTKHPReRix5cdJINh8KI6Q/ubEBXHlwKRprUV2LdmfMZm JS/iLzLdiI2gSWc96LcGvRhL1j4CmXXuzSe2oqiib9h3G3SkCrug6FpEiRfeTyaXCuVZ HX6DB5FfqaPgy028avh/WXohEPV3IMJYdDf/75xk1mv++yl9Z8utEzFpCW5pmV10qtFI lfu2TsZE3VZkQRiftQqONqumIYNR1/u5dUCn9Sd9DlUmDkJkdQf2SH551YxPHrqAq3md FYPQ==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1528657730; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=DuCrKb1TIEB/RBXzmLmQO3DYRLiiYPKfAIqnKeGWIjhSDYYMukyrsyBGLcZDepnO0Y C+tXcmO8gDgqqd6mU3pQ8wkKMLz+2ta38lSJ5hnFBcaTUxZmwMR3HY6hwDT/ci9BBqrH uRoJolWTAoDletdZ0qrgRzZWkva+nb46Qhko5TwyaT/X5BxRKGqjhDEfW+UhRtvpppGk dvW8DCJ84et/zZiXkO0lAs1sfq7xP0HxSm0LROl06f27htaitw0W8p883WN5yb5/Dz+7 8f2KDfCuUyTrm7X7C+kguCdx+LZfSbU7liqNQwonZA+yh7Py7IpWeqJmyIuzImuL9n0b SgfQ==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=googlegroups.com; s=20161025; h=sender:subject:to:references:from:message-id:date:user-agent :mime-version:in-reply-to:content-language:x-original-sender :x-original-authentication-results:reply-to:precedence:mailing-list :list-id:list-post:list-help:list-archive:list-subscribe :list-unsubscribe; bh=uJjYi683q0T1UEJP2QdI9DAIqbLnNgFYfPsRXgXn6KU=; b=YaoiqIYcSqszfoaVI9KsiGgfSN1oeP9Udrv+9MO9Ensq5IXdyK2ZNsk10k/TDH4h0q Iauo+LFrjJKzfGrH8A/HW5VyaoZO6JwqUPFT6nLip2a8FdkG5DGJV/6hgXGAc6rlHOsd NTVciSh+i3sCyO7Tk36gnY6fOF0iNNhq7jDy81ntJJwHkjcZ9xFKC+LeP5zMrZNsC84v tFSeKSoDJuTRTLfqcx5Yu6+gemwoUGG2a8+WSXdwCofUzbsIQHcLc/KJwrx1ZwrbLuQ0 JrFO4XP9KUo02D6IqDcDDz7TB9KL1iVgdzbI5ppR2/S5IskPFmolopbJAkblkbqUU9zI FKwg==
- In-reply-to: <wjWp1x02d56Cr6M01jWqJo>
- List-archive: <https://groups.google.com/group/lojba>
- List-help: <https://groups.google.com/support/>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: <lojban.googlegroups.com>
- List-post: <https://groups.google.com/group/lojban/post>, <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://groups.google.com/group/lojban/subscribe>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>, <https://groups.google.com/group/lojban/subscribe>
- Mailing-list: list firstname.lastname@example.org; contact email@example.com
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <wjWp1x02d56Cr6M01jWqJo>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/52.8.0
On 6/9/2018 3:30 PM, xabju wrote:
First question mark is a typo. More generally, it appears that
Lojbanistan has been in a period of relative inactivity for several
years, and I wonder why that is.
I think that actually there has been a considerable increase in
activity, BUT, it is not the sort of activity that gets attention.
The perceived lack of activity is due to a relative vacuum of leadership
that is both leading and communicating about the Lojban community as a
I am partly responsible for this, as Founder and long-time president.
My (inevitable) decline as I passed into older age and health problems
left me with the time and energy (and more important, the focus) to see
that things got done.
Others have stepped up, probably more of you-all than ever stepped up
before. But we don't have any single dynamic leader who speaks for the
community, or even who aspires to speak for even a large chunk of the
community. Our much-respected webmaster, Robin Powell largely filled in
the vacuum as I stepped back, from roughly 2000 to 2015. But he also
reached the point where burnout and other competing aspects of life
(like childrearing) have reduced his time and enthusiasm, as mine had
ebbed by 2000.
But in the era when I was most active, and again in the era when Robin
was most active, only a handful of Lojbanists at any one time were in
the background getting stuff done. Now there are a lot more, but none
of them stand out to the community.
As for LogFests, I held them almost singlehandedly up until around 2000,
here at my house, in conjunction with annual meetings of the LLG formal
membership, which guaranteed some minimum attendance and also provided
structure to the weekend-long events. During Robin's era, Matt Powell
held a couple of LogFest-like events in Michigan, and others held
somewhat less-planned events around the US, with Robin usually providing
much of the leadership/organization involved. But the events were
relatively unorganized, and the LLG organization became entirely
Currently, many of the most active Lojbanists are not in the US (selpa'i
in Germany and gleki in Russia, for example), and the non-US Lojban
community is less-organized and less able to bring together a "LogFest"
rather spontaneously. LLG has passed out of my control, but hasn't yet
managed to get itself organized to the extent that it can lead others
It will be largely up to the rest of you to step forward (at least some
of the time) if you want to see things happen. LLG and the Lojban
community remain an entirely volunteer organization. There are a few
thousand US dollars in the bank to cover incidental expenses, but not
even enough to pay for one full-time person (or even half-time). So
where the community of Lojbanists will go depend on what the members of
the community step forward and lead others to want to go.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "lojban" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to email@example.com.
To post to this group, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/lojban.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.