Re: [lojban] Something I’ve always wondered ...

For “relative”, “terckini” comes close, though not quite it; does it not?

Or course, thinking a bit more semantically, the “relative” here is meant more in the sense of “existing or possessing a specified characteristic in comparison to something else and not necessarily absolute”. So, perhaps a translation of “dependent characteristic” would be correct? “selsa’u selckaji”, maybe? Is “sel” transitive, allowing Me to say “selsa’uckaji”? Or would it have to be applied to both?

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 02:26 Pierre Abbat <phma@bezitopo.org> wrote:
On Friday, 4 January 2019 13.37.19 EST Frank Martinez wrote:
> How would One say “time and relative dimension in space” in lojban?

Could you provide context? We have "temci", "cimde", and "canlu", but if this
has something to do with the theory of relativity, a word for "relative"
doesn't seem to have been made up yet. There are also several ways to
translate "and".

Pierre

--
lo ponse be lo mruli ku po'o cu ga'ezga roda lo ka dinko

P.S.: I prefer to be reached on BitMessage at BM-2D8txNiU7b84d2tgqvJQdgBog6A69oDAx6