Re: [lojban] x2 of remna

On Thursday, 20 June 2019 07.06.39 EDT mezohe wrote:
> > ! so'i cakcinki cu xabju lo purdi
>
> doesn't work because it expands to
>
> > ! so'i cakcinki be zo'e cu xabju lo purdi [be zo'e bei zo'e]
>
> zo'e is a constant; so'i can't scope over it. All this can mean is "many
> beetles of the obvious species live in the garden"; nothing is said
> about beetles of other species. And there does have to be a single
> species zo'e refers to, since having it refer to multiple ones would say
> for *each* beetle that it's a member of all the species.

Where do you get the idea that zo'e is a constant? As I understand it, {mi
viska ci cakcinki} is equally true if I see three Japanese beetles (of which
there are many on the blackberry plants) or if I see a cocuyo, a scarab, and a
weevil. Anyway, x2 of {cakcinki} can be {la'o .ly. Coleoptera .ly.}, which is
equivalent to {lo'e se cakcinki}.

Pierre
--
Lanthanidia deliciosa: What the kiwifruit would be
if it weren't so radioactive.