Re: [lojban] x2 of remna

On Sat, 22 Jun 2019, 13:46 mezohe, <wow.jvs@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where do you get the idea that zo'e is a constant? As I understand it, {mi
> viska ci cakcinki} is equally true if I see three Japanese beetles (of which
> there are many on the blackberry plants) or if I see a cocuyo, a scarab, and a
> weevil.

xorxes, at least, intended for zo'e to be a constant [1]. zo'e
(especially explicit zo'e) as a variable would be problematic for
negation [2].

[1] https://mw.lojban.org/papri/BPFK_Section:_gadri#Notes_2
[2] http://mail.lojban.org/lojban-list/msg47182.html

I have (too) hastily scanned these without locating the rationale for this. May we not speak of, say, three readers without precluding that they do not read the same thing? Or, if zo'e must be a constant, then it must be a constant at the level of abstraction that eliminates the difference between the different species and different reading materials.

--And.