Re: [lojban] x2 of remna

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 6:07 AM Pierre Abbat <phma@bezitopo.org> wrote:
In the gimste, {remna} has no x2, unlike other words for kinds of organisms.
As several species are placed in the genus Homo, we should have a way to talk
about them. Should we use {remna} with x2 ({ta remna la .denisov.}, or {ta
remna la .aiutac.} using the Altai name for the cave), or make up another
word?

I find {ta remna la .denisov.} to be nice, clear and Lojbanic.  The rationale for squelching *{se remna} was explained by John Cowan a long time ago, but I never was too persuaded, given the utility in discussing paleoanthropology (as you show by your example), science fiction scenarios (set in future, perhaps dealing with human evolution in the stars), and alternate opinions about human biology (even if you want to disagree with the point of view, you need to be able to express what you're disagreeing with, and a well-designed language should let you express it).

-Mike