Re: [lojban] xebro jirnytabra

On Saturday, 31 August 2019 20.43.13 EDT Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> These subjects are discussed as only the Talmud can discuss them, as can
> be read in Aramaic/Hebrew as well as in English, at
> https://www.sefaria.org/Rosh_Hashanah.26a?lang=bi

Shor par, indeed! The scientific names Bos taurus and Ovis aries are similarly
redundant, but you can't get "shofar" out of them. iku'i lo danlu goi ko'a cu
ckini lo bakni sela'u ma .i lo jirna be ko'a cu jirnrcofara

Which is right: {la micnax} or {la micnat}?

On Saturday, 31 August 2019 20.50.45 EDT Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> since there is at least a standard.  But when faced with a word whose
> source could literally be *any* language (that Pierre has heard of), and
> possibly even modified idiosyncratically (.alzaitu.?  Well, stuck the
> al- article from Arabic to the Arabic word for olives (zayt) in order to
> get the consonant cluster.  And how was I supposed to guess that?)

But you did.

For those who weren't around then, many years ago I arrived at jbonunsla with
an empty jar of olives and found some Lojbanists around a table with many
small pyramids on it (this was a Zendo game, but I didn't know about Zendo
yet). I remarked "mi mo'u citka le .alzaitu".

Pierre
--
ve ka'a ro klaji la .romas. se jmaji