Re: [lojban] Experiment "open organization"?

coi la.sykyndyr.

I have always been interested in open organisation governance models and would be keen to evaluate any of the existing software. I'll have a lot more free time in about a month, after my imminent work deadline should be over, if that suits.

From: lojban@googlegroups.com <lojban@googlegroups.com> on behalf of sukender1@gmail.com <sukender1@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, 6 March 2020 6:16 AM
To: lojban <lojban@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [lojban] Experiment "open organization"?

Hi everyone,

I've just read about LFK creation. It is said to be "a more open model accessible to all interested persons". This makes me think about something I discussed long ago, and maybe it is time to re-check if the idea is worth it or not.
Nowadays, some "open organizations" solutions do exist. Their goal is to provide organizations with tools to avoid the need of trusting people BEFORE everything. Roughly speaking, those tools use blockchains to avoid fraud, handle reputation, etc.

One of them (*) is https://colony.io . To my very-personal point of view, the currently-beta version is a "bounty hunter" board (tasks with rewards). Later on, a reputation system will be implemented, according to developers. Maybe it would be interesting testing things with a few motivated people? We could try with:
1. Basic tasks: translating a thing, writing an article, ...
2. A completely fake reward with no actual value (say a "JBO-Test" token).
3. No "true" administrators (this would only be for testing purposes, so why matter?).

Who would like to try? I can create and setup the dummy/test organization.

(*) I'm not advertising, just giving partial info! ;-) Another one is https://aragon.org , but I don't know much of it.

la .sykyndyr.