Re: [lojban] Digest for lojban@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

I think it does change semantics of kelci and can therefore cause confusion
Em domingo, 28 de junho de 2020 18:47:11 UTC+3, karis escreveu:
I don't see a problem with adding this extra place as what people already know is still valid and this last place would just be elided. This is an enhancement only and can be easily explained on the fly. If it comes up only one or two times I believe most speakers will remember it. I'm not saying there isn't now a way to say, for instance, that you are playing chess. This is a more straightforward way to do it, though.

Adding to the end of a gismu is much less of a change than changing it in the middle. When we were originally working on place structures for the gismu long ago we knew there would be some that needed to be expanded (and shortened).

. karis. /Karen Stein