Re: [lojban] Re: Proof that Lojban morphology is unambiguous

I don't believe there is a proof out there, but it is by no means
taboo to question whether Lojban actually achieves its stated goals.

To prove that the morphology is unambiguous, one would have to write
an algorithm that accepts an idealized representation of a speech
stream and decomposes it into a sequence of words. The algorithm would
not be able to consult a dictionary to do so.

If you're interested in working on this, I'd be interested in hearing
about it.

mu'o mi'e la tsani

On Mon, Aug 03, 2020 at 06:59:24PM +0000, scope845hlang343jbo@icebubble.org wrote:
> scope845hlang343jbo@icebubble.org writes:
>
> > Does anybody have access to a proof, or know how to prove, that Lojban's
> > morphology is unambiguous?
> >
> > I was corresponding with lojbab, for a while, about this and he assured
> > me that the unambiguity of Lojban's morphology had been proven
> > analytically.  But when I asked him for his analytical methods/proof, he
> > stopped responding to me.  :(
> >
> > Does anybody know where this information can be found?  It would be much
> > appreciated.
>
> Is it taboo to question the non-ambiguity of the Lojban morphology?  I
> can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone about this.
>
> --

Jacob Thomas Errington
W: https://jerrington.me/