Re: [lojban] Re: {zo'e}

On 2021-01-01 18:07, scope845hlang343jbo@icebubble.org wrote:

I think just about all of that is wrong.  {zo'e} can never mean {zi'o}
but {zo'e} can, in certain contexts, mean {noda}.  If you and I are in a
brightly-lit room when the power goes out and it's suddenly plunged into
pitch-black darkness, I might reasonably utter the observative:

   viska

meaning, in that context, "I can't see anything!", {mi viska noda}.

{mi viska noda} is the same as {mi na viska su'o da}, so if what you're saying is true, then we can't know except through context whether a statement is affirmative or negative. Instead, use the observative {na viska}.

A zo'e-like word (e.g. do'e, xo'e, etc.) shouln't be able to stand for something that makes the claim go from affirmative to negative or vice versa.