Re: [lojban] Re: {zo'e}

Note that {lo na} implicitly summons and invokes the Law of Excluded Middle, as do many of these {no}/{na} rules. {lo na nanmu} first imagines that there exists a collection of everything (questionable; is it a set?), as well as a collection of all nanmu1 (must exist, by definition of relations; in fact, it's a set!), and then takes the difference between those collections (which might not be a set), and finally performs a choice, requiring the full Axiom of Choice (because the collection is so big!), to select something. The selection might be impredicative; how can you show that the "everything" which is being ranged over is *actually* being considered for selection?
On Friday, January 8, 2021 at 8:23:12 AM UTC-8 Adam Lopresto wrote:
{lo na nanmu} is still a thing (that is, it's still compatible with {su'o da} and not with {no da}), so there's no problem with {zo'e} reflecting it. It's a thing that doesn't {nanmu}, but it still has to be something. {lo na nanmu} successfully killed the Witch-King of Angmar.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 6:40 PM <scope845h...@icebubble.org> wrote:
Jacob Thomas Errington <ja...@mail.jerrington.me> writes:

> {mi viska noda} is the same as {mi na viska su'o da}, so if what
> you're saying is true, then we can't know except through context
> whether a statement is affirmative or negative. Instead, use the
> observative {na viska}.
>
> A zo'e-like word (e.g. do'e, xo'e, etc.) shouln't be able to stand for
> something that makes the claim go from affirmative to negative or vice
> versa.

If we use your interpretation, then {mi viska zo'e} could mean {mi viska
lo nanmu} but could not mean {mi viska lo na nanmu}.  It seems, to me,
that {lo na nanmu} would be a perfectly legitimate meaning for {zo'e}.

zo do'e ki'a