[POD] Re: level 0 to Europe

On Fri, Aug 30, 2002 at 02:13:15PM +0200, Adam Raizen wrote:

> Is 300-400 grams a reasonable guess as to the weight?
> How much do the various example books printed by people weigh?

Sounds pretty reasonable. 0.5kg tops, I should think. My only scale is
intended for people and is marked every 1lbs, and the needle doesn't
seem to even make it halfway to the first tick. (Who knows how accurate
it is, though?)

> The current exchange rate is 4.67 shekels to a dollar, so 150 pages
> plus about 5 shekels postage would be $13.92. The pdf version of the
> level 0 brochure is about 150 pages, but if that could be reduced by
> using a relatively small font or smaller margins, the cost would
> drop significantly: 100 pages for $9.64, and 50 pages for $5.35.

I don't think dropping to a smaller font is particularly appropriate.
The version I printed with corrected margins had ~100 pages.

--
Jay Kominek <jkominek@miranda.org>
A UNIX is anything which is subtly incompatible