[BPFK] Re: New taskmaster, next checkpoint (repost due to technical difficulties)

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:11:13AM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 08:05:54PM +0200, Arnt Richard Johansen
> wrote:
> > On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 02:03:50PM +1300, LakMeer Kravid wrote:
> > > This week I'm changing the current checkpoint to CAI, and
> > > putting Irrealis on hold. It's already Friday here, so the
> > > vote call for this checkpoint will be next Saturday, 4 Oct
> > > GMT.
> >
> > Just a quick rundown on the terminology:
> >
> > - A section is the smallest unit of BPFK work, done by a
> > shepherd
> >
> > - A checkpoint is a collection of sections, which are deemed to
> > belong together because of interconnectedness. A checkpoint is
> > completed (approved) when all of its sections are approved.
> >
> > As I understand it, you want Ted to start working on
> > Intensifiers right away. Is this correct?
>
> At this point, I actually think we shouldn't worry about shepherds
> and just have everyone work on the section together.  Shepherds
> hasn't been working; time to try something else.

To expand on that: as BPFKJ, I officially encourage people to edit
others' sections.  If a conflict results (read your wikichanges mail
people!), we can deal with it as it comes.

-Robin

--
Lojban Reason #17: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_buffalo
Proud Supporter of the Singularity Institute - http://singinst.org/