Re: [jboske] Re: [lojban] tautologies

la xod cusku di'e

Are you abstracting out causality and concluding that the above sentence
should mean that you buy caused by some aspect of the price?

Sorry, I don't understand your question. I'm comparing these two sentences:

(1) fi'o jdima fe'u vecnu je'u ta mi
(2) bai vecnu je'u ta mi

which differ only in the so called "modal".

Since it is clear that (2) does not mean "I buy it
whoever forces me", I don't understand why (1) would
mean something like "I buy it whatever the price".

Similarly, {ca vecnu je'u ta mi} means "I buy it now",
it doesn't mean "I buy it whenever". In other words,
{fi'o jdima} tags a price obvious from context or
unimportant, it does not open the price slot to the
whole hypothetical range of "whatever".

Physics geeks view almost everything in terms of functions. Is it that
viewpoint that disturbs you, or my Lojban rendering of it?

It's your Lojban rendering. I'm quite comfortable with viewing things in terms of functions. I'm very confused about how to make sense of the place structure of {fancu}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes