Re: [jboske] Re: [lojban] tautologies

la xod cusku di'e

> No, even in that context I can't interpret it as {bai noda}.
> It's always {bai zo'e}, and {zo'e} can't be {noda}.

Not even if noda is the commonly understood value? I believe your fi'o
rebla is zo'e; it's noda.

"Your fi'o rebla" is not grammatical, if we can talk of a Jboglish grammar, so I don't know what you mean by that. If you tell me {do fi'o rebla fe'u prenu}, I will assume you think I have a tail. The same if you say {do se rebla [zo'e]}.

> > > Unless you meant to use
> > > {li pa} not to refer to the number 1, but rather to the
> > > function that maps any value of the range to the number 1.
> >
> >Yes, that's how lipa should be interpreted when in the le velfancu place.
>
> I see, but that's not how I understand the language. {li pa}
> for me is the number 1, not a function that takes the number
> 1 as a value.

I never said that it took the number 1 as a value, but the converse: it
always spits out "1".

I thought that the value that a function takes is the one that it spits. The sine function takes values in the -1 to +1 range. Is that wrong?

mu'o mi'e xorxes