Re: Anything but tautologies (was: Re: [jboske] Re: [lojban] tautologies

On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Jorge Llambias wrote:

> la xod cusku di'e
>
> >The function body goes in fancu4, whether that function expression is a
> >transcendental trig function, a polynonial, or whatever. "1" is a
> >perfectly legitimate polynomial of degree zero. Do I need to tag the fact
> >that fancu4 is a function?
>
> In mathematics it is fairly common to use the same notation, "f(x)",
> both for a function and for the value that the function takes on
> for a given value of the domain. There is no need to replicate this
> in Lojban.

Well, I wasn't using "1" as an analog for "f", but as a polynomial.
In other words, not its name, but its expression. So I don't see how the
confusion concerning f(x) is relevant.

--
The tao that can be tar(1)ed
is not the entire Tao.