Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

la pycyn cusku di'e

A problem with {le du'u makau du li pa} is that 1, as a function, typically
has no domain (well, its domain is the empty set) and its range is singleton
1 (of course).

That's not correct. The domain of the function could be, for example, the set of real numbers. It could be any set at all, except maybe the empty set. That means that each real number is mapped to the number 1 by that function. I'm not sure the notion of function with an empty domain is at all meaningful.

So, the {makau} never gets relieved strictly speaking. Or is
always already relieved and so should not appear.

The {makau} gets relieved by the range values, in this case the singleton 1.

How does a more normal polynomial go?

{le du'u makau sumji ce'u li pa} would correspond to f(x)=x+1.

By the way, the use of {sinso} reminds us why we need names for functions --
call it {uizbangi} so we can say {ko'a uizbangi ko'e ko'i}.

Of course we need names for functions. What we don't need is a place for the name in the predicate for 'function'!

mu'o mi'e xorxes