Re: [lojban] Re: [jboske] RE: Anything but tautologies

la pycyn cusku di'e

All that is required for a function is that every value in the domain
receives exactly one in the range. This condition is vacuously satisfied for
the empty set as domain.

I see you won't explain what those functions with empty domains are used for. In any case, I hope you accept the existence of functions with non-empty domains which map every element of the domain to a constant value.

<I notice you didn't write " 'Whizbang' is the name of the
function... ", i.e. you used the name, you didn't mention it.
Why do we need to mention it in Lojban?>

Because the English is systematically incorrect; the habit is to omit quotes
"where they are obvious" and Lojban takes the position that in these kinds of
things they are never obvious.

Then your position is that a definition requires the mention of the name? The use is not good enough for a definition?

"Let x=5" is sloppy, the Lojbanic version would be:
"Let 'x' be the name of a variable x, such that x = 5"

Are you really saying that? Or does the rule apply only
to the definition of functions?

mu'o mi'e xorxes