Re: How many levels

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 4:36 PM, Matt Arnold<matt.mattarn@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was hoping to have more tests that test smaller parts of the
> language. This has several advantages. It has to do with social
> factors about motivating the human brain.

We probably don't need to commit to a fixed number of levels at this
point. We can start working on one test, level-X, then add a second
test, which depending on how the level-X turns out, it could be higher
or lower level, then add a third level, and so on. I agree that the
more levels the better for all the reasons you give, but we may not
have the resources to work on more than one level at a time. I would
be extremely happy if we manage to get a single level test up and
running. What we should probably do is not give the test a name that
makes it difficult to name other tests above and below it. We might
call it level-500 if we decide that 500 is the number of tested words
for the first test that we design. Then we can add a level-100 or a
level-2000 or whatever if that looks like the best next step.

mu'o mi'e xorxes