Re: What are we after?

On Friday 25 September 2009 14:11:49 Mark E. Shoulson wrote:
> So, to start things off, when I think of what I would see in someone who
> had completed Level One certification (and just numbering them 1, 2, 3,
> is probably best), I think of somebody who can manage short, simple
> sentences, involving simple sumti (mi, do, ti...), basic brivla (mainly
> gismu, but chosen by utility and frequency, so if there's a
> commonly-used lujvo, no problem) and 2-piece simple tanru of them, NU
> abstractors, but only one level deep, and some conversationally-relevant
> UI and COI.  I tried to express that in the document, but was thinking
> more in terms of test design.  Try looking over it with testee
> description in mind and maybe we'll be able to discuss things more
> meaningfully.

Sounds good to me. How many sumti in a clause? Maximum number of FA and SE? At
what level should a testee be able to handle one SE and one FA without places
being skipped because they're already filled?

As to the database, I've written a page for entering cipfi'i names; hopefully
I can write an initial version of the rest in a couple of weeks.

Pierre