Re: [bpfk] Officially updating "Complete Lojban Language" grammar book. An official LLG proposal passed. Your help needed.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019, 15:08 Bob LeChevalier <lojbab@lojban.org> wrote:
On 8/7/2019 6:31 PM, Jorge Llambías wrote:

>     It is suggested to replace:
>         It is illegal to add a hyphen at a place that is not required by
>     this
>         algorithm.
>     with:
>         It is possible to optionally add an y-hyphen between the
>     consonants of any
>         permissible consonant pair e.g. for stylistic purposes or for
>     the ease of
>         pronunciation.
>

> I don't have the full context, but I assume the "y" would be permitted
> betwen the consonants of adjacent rafsi, and not between the consonants
> of any consonant pair at all, otherwise the morphology gets broken ("to
> smabru" cannot be pronounced "to symabru" for example).

My opinion, for what it is worth (I don't have a veto), is that if this
is an actual change to the morphology as it was defined fora couple of
decades, then the fact that Jorge has to raise such questions means that
the proposal was not specified completely enough to be properly debated,
much less decided.

Especially knowing that Jorge could read any recorded
discussion/proposal in Lojban, unlike many of the rest of us (including
Nora who did much of the later work and explication of morphology issues).

I also don't recall any mention of this as a proposal approved by byfy,
and reported to the members or the Board by the byfy jatna

This proposal should not be incorporated into CLL without a proper
documentation, discussion and decision.

What entity should discuss it?

There is no evidence that such
has taken place.