[lojban-beginners] Re: [lojban-beginners]

#1 (you want mai or mo'o).  Is there the ability for a tanru to be
created from the "pro-sumti"?

.i go'i .i ko pilno zo zei

> (le mi xagji) means "my hungerer," so what would be "the hungry me"?

mi poi xagji

> li remoi
> Do place tags loop?  (mi klama fu le karce va vi) probably is just bad, but I had the late-night
> idea that the last two sumti might be interpreted as x2 and x3, the next leftover places.

No.  They are x6 and x7.

> li cimoi
> "A sqare is a rectangle but not vice versa."
> Good Lojban translations & even attempts at similar word order, both requested.

You come up with words for 'square' and 'rectangle' and I'll give you
the sentence.  8)

Note that kurfa is *both*.

> li vomoi
> .i xamgu fa lenu pilno zo ka .onai zo nu kei mu'u ma
> I read the the action-vs.-quality part of Nick&Robin's lessons, but
> I'm not clear on it at all.  It'd be great if you could point me to
> more.

le ka do melbi cu xamgu fi mi

le nu do melbi cu se fanmo le nu do farlu co nenri lo slami

> li mumoi
> What's the meaning of "this" in "What's the meaning of this?"? Not
> ti/ta/tu or vi/va/vu, but the recent situation.

la'e di'u or le nu go'i, usually.

> li xamoi
> .i tu'a lo tanru cu cfipu mi leka ce'u zunle ce'u kei .a leka pritu

I don't think you can have two ce'u?

> tanru feel different from the rest of the language that I know thus
> far, because it seems each new part of the tanru changes the
> interpretation of the word that came before.

I assure you, this is *not* the only place in the language where that
occurs.

> (do spuda) You reply.  (do spuda melbi) You're beautiful at replying.
> In more complicated examples, the listener would initially think the
> first word of the tanru was the selbri and start interpreting the
> sumti which he's already heard according to that word, but then wait!
> there's more, and the sumti would need to be reconsidered.

Yep.

> Oh, yeah: the question was, What's the best way to get the hang of
> tanru?

Don't, if at all possible.  Newbies get really 'in' to using tanru, and
it's a weakness in terms of being understood.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/    ***    I'm a *male* Robin.
.i le pamoi velru'e zo'u crepu le plibu taxfu