[lojban-beginners] Re: {nalgundei} Would somebody like to check this, please?

la jexOm cusku di'e

I took this lujvo in http://www.lojban.org/files/draft-dictionary/NORALUJV.txt

{nalgundei}
na'e+gunka+djedi:
non-working day, weekend day or holiday:
x1 = djedi1 (full day), x2 = gunka1 (worker), x3 = djedi3 (full day standard)

And {djedi} is
x1 is x2 full days in duration (default is 1 day) by standard x3

Isn't the duration you mention the djedi2 that is no more in the {nalgundei}
signature?

I usually don't look up lujvo in wordlists. Since the duration
of the vacation makes sense as a place, I don't know why it was
dropped in the lujvo definition. It makes little sense to have
the standard x3 and not the number x2. In any case, I understood
what you meant quite well.

> I would probably use {di'e} instead of {ti}.

Isn't {di'e} more about what is said than about what is shown?

{di'e} is "what follows". I would use "ti" to refer to a
photograph that I'm holding in my hand and showing to you,
for example. But I find using {ti} in a written text to
refer to something else on the page not quite right.
But worse is using {ti} to refer to something just
described which is not even present, neither on the
page nor where the speaker is, i.e. instead of {la'e di'u}).
In English we can use "this" for any of {ti}, {di'u/dei/di'e},
or {la'e di'u/di'e}.

mu'o mi'e xorxes