cmene orthography

	Date: Fri, 15 Dec 89 22:36:52 EST
	From: "Keith F. Lynch" <KFL@ai.ai.mit.edu>
	Subject: Re: grammar

	> .eirik. tideman.

	You spell your first name differently than .erek. reimnd.

That's a relief!  I sometimes find the process of transliterating directly
from English into lojban just a little too heartbreaking.  In this case,
I used my French name and didn't have to mangle anything!

	> "la simon. cu cusku lu ko zutse ledo skami li'u"

	No, I refuse to sit on my computer.  Anyhow, I think his name is
	spelled saimn.

Not the way *I* spell it..which is according to the Greek pronunciation.
(I guess the Hebrew original would be "cimon.".)

-est