[no subject]

> I'm not sure that an algorithm exists for reliably dealing with
> antecedents in something like this:  "Joe likes Jerry.  He says
> that he tells cool jokes."

> And after that's done, you can start on the main project, the
> understander.

This algorithm couldn't exist seperate from an understander, since
only understanding allows one to disambiguate the pronouns of the
second sentence.  English abounds with examples like this.  "Time
flies like an arrow."  "Last night I saw an elephant in my pajamas."
"People like to eat potato chips because they are crunchy."
								...Keith